ACT Training Awards
2021 ACT Training Awards Finalists and Winners Announcement
Minister for Skills, Chris Steel MLA, is delighted to announce the finalists and winners of the 2021 ACT Training Awards.
Refer to the 2021 ACT Training Awards Finalist Booklet (PDF 6.44MB) to view the profiles of all finalists.
Congratulations to all the 2021 ACT Training Awards winners:
Individual Award Categories
- ACT Apprentice of the Year - Morgan Sutton
- ACT Trainee of the Year - Sophie New
- ACT Vocational Student of the Year - Banda Ramadan
- ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year - Philip Khalu-Reindl
- ACT Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year - Hannah Holford
- ACT VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year - David Moore
- Norm Fisher Award - Maggie Hall
Organisation Award Categories
- ACT Small Employer of the Year - Pacific Facilities Maintenance Group
- ACT Medium Employer of the Year - Pups4Fun
- ACT Large Employer of the Year - Communities@Work
- ACT Industry Collaboration - CIT Renewable Energy Industry Collaboration
- ACT Small Training Provider of the Year - Academy of Interactive Entertainment
- ACT Large Training Provider of the Year - Canberra Institute of Technology
About the awards
The ACT Training Awards is an annual opportunity to showcase the commitment, innovation and outstanding achievements of all those involved in the ACT vocational education and training (VET) sector.
Across 14 categories, the awards recognise and reward the success of individuals and organisations in the ACT. Winners in aligned categories will compete for national success at the Australian Training Awards.
- Monday 18 October 2021 - Organisation categories shortlist announcement
- Tuesday 19 and Tuesday 26 October 2021 - Organisation categories virtual site visit (for shortlisted organisations only)
- End of October - Finalists Professional Development Days
- Monday 1 to Wednesday 3 November - Interviews for organisation categories (for shortlisted organisations only)
- Thursday 4 November 2021 - interviews for all individual categories
- Monday 15 to Friday 19 November 2021 - Australian Training Awards finalist week
- Thursday 18 November 2021 - Australian Training Awards presentation
Australian Training Awards
The Australian Training Awards are the peak national Awards that showcase best practice in vocational education and training.
Winners from each state and territory (in aligned categories) have the opportunity to compete for a national award title. The Australian Training Awards also has a number of awards that are available by direct entry.
For further information refer to the Australian Training Awards website.
Sponsoring the ACT Training Awards is an opportunity to show your support for Canberra’s VET sector, which delivers some of the best outcomes and graduates in the country. Your organisation will benefit from the exposure that the awards attract through many promotional channels.
2021 Sponsorship Prospectus (PDF 309KB), to learn more about sponsorship packages and inclusions and benefits.
Thank you to our 2021 ACT Training Awards sponsors:
ReadyTech is home to the education market’s most trusted student management and skills assessment systems for tertiary education providers. Bringing together a family of technologies designed to solve problems across the entire student journey, ReadyTech has created a one-stop-shop to answer today’s student engagement, management and retention challenges. Managing your end-to-end student journey doesn’t stop there—ReadyTech’s technology also supports tertiary education providers with skills tracking, planning and assessment technology that seamlessly integrates with their student management system for an end-to-end view.
Visit the ReadyTech website to learn more.
The Sarina Russo Group is a global leader in education, training and employment. It comprises Sarina Russo Job Access, Sarina Russo Apprenticeships, Sarina Russo Entrepreneurs, Sarina Russo Institute and Sarina Russo Higher Education.
The Sarina Russo Group employs over 1000 staff across Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales, the ACT and South Australia.
Through the delivery of integrated recruitment and training solutions, the Sarina Russo Group has enhanced the careers and impacted the lives of thousands of individuals. They have partnered with employers and community groups to find sustainable employment opportunities for our jobseekers and to provide opportunities for apprentices to earn and learn, gain real work skills, achieve a nationally recognised qualification and create a stepping stone to run their own business.
The Sarina Russo Group is dedicated to making a difference every day to someone’s life, one job at a time.
ACT National Awards Team Sponsor
Being an ambassador
Winners and finalists of the ACT Training Awards are recognised as ambassadors for the ACT vocational education and training (VET) sector and are at times called upon to participate in forums and speak at events.
The Awards are a great opportunity to identify VET students that showcase the range of opportunities and careers available through a VET pathway.
As an ACT Training Awards winner, you may be invited to participate in many activities following the awards, including but not limited to:
- photo and video shoots promoting your achievements
- media opportunities (speaking with local media outlets)
- presenting at stakeholder forums
- judging for your award category in future years
- involvement in professional development days for future winners
- presenting at industry and VET sector events.
Winners from the ACT Training Awards (in eligible categories) will represent the ACT at the Australian Training Awards. Our ambassadors represent the great outcomes Canberra’s VET sector produces and build the reputation of our VET community to both the ACT and the rest of Australia.
By sharing your experiences, advice and knowledge, you can encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to realise how VET can benefit them and potentially change their lives. In addition, you may be able to inspire employers and training providers to review their training methods and continue to make improvements.
You can represent the ACT VET sector as a VET Ambassador in many different ways and all ACT Training Awards finalists and winners have a story worth sharing.
2020 virtual event
The 2020 ACT Training Awards was held on Thursday 10 September 2020.
A recording of the event is available on YouTube.